A Cacao Ceremony Recipe
We call this blend the Gate Opener- a tasteful call to the open heart.
We invite you to mix it up in your own unique way…
Note, these ingredients are not included.
• 1 to 2oz. Holy Wow Cacao
• 10oz Water
• Dash of Cayenne
• 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. Cardamom
• Dash of Salt
• 1/4 tsp. ashwaganda
• 1/4 tsp. vanilla
• 1 tsp. coconut oil / Ghee
*Organic is best.
Sweeten the Pot! ( to taste )
• maple syrup
• monk fruit
• cane sugar
…for one 12 oz. cup of Ceremonial strength Holy Wow…
Prep yo self: Sit for a moment, even just 30 seconds, to recognize the many blessings in your life and the one in which you are about to partake in.
1. Shave off 1-2 oz. of cacao with knife. If you don’t have a scale, this will be roughly the size of a quarter/Euro/Quetzal in width and half that in height. Eventually you’ll learn to eyeball it and get it to the consistency and strength you prefer.
2. Add Cacao, water, and any other ingredients to blender. Blend until a frothy-headed God forms. If not using a blender, you can add everything straight to the pot.
3. Simmer in a small pot on the stove to bring in the heat- just before boiling. The cacao will melt and mix in even more in this step, as will your other ingredients. Stir some more for good measure.
Finally, Sit in Ceremony…
• Sit in prayer and gratitude
• Make it a meditation and watch what comes up….
• Ask what you can create together with the Cacao espiritu
• Ask what you can give her as much as what she can give you
• Ask what the world needs and how you can serve
• Ask what may serve in the highest way for you to let go of or welcome in
• Ask how to love yourself and others more
• Ask for peace in your heart and harmony in your world
• Whatever it is, make it a ceremony… even if it’s only 30 seconds long.
• Consider breathing intentions, prayers &/or cosmic jokes into your cup.
• Give some thanks & enjoy.
• For a gentle wake-me-up-cup or simple daily guidance, use 1/2 to 1oz of cacao.
• Water-to-cacao ratio can be changed depending how thick you prefer it. 10 oz of water is a happy medium between pudding & milk.
• Sugar can over-power the subtle cacao taste, Begin with less & add as needed.
• Fats/Oils/Butters – If you got The Holy Wow, nothing in this block of 100% PURE cacao has been subtracted or added, so it still has a whole-lotta wonderful cacao butter in it already, and so this ingredient is totally not needed – However, if you feel called, you may still add more! These healthy fats help our beautiful bodies absorb the cacao. Find your balance AND don’t be afraid to add too much- it’s a great modifier of taste as well.
• Spices – If you’re just beginning on your journey with Cacao, you may need to refine and adjust spice levels to taste as you go. Just remember to go slow with the spices, especially the chili pepper- a friend to blood vessel dilatation leading to reception of energetic flow. However- too much can bite.
• Ashwaganda is an adaptogenic herb that works wonders to change the physiology & psychology of your being to reduce stress. Go easy though, it can be stimulating as well. Banyan Botanicals is a great company to receive it from.
• Blender/Nutribullet – not necessary, but will be helpful in getting emulsification happening, where the oils and water really mix… Making your cup of heart-opening goodness ever more frothy, heady, and tasty!
Thanks for allowing us to pay forward to you the gracious guidance we’ve received from so many along our path.